Fatty fish like salmon is the best source of Omega-3, that gives your kids a significant boost of key nutrients required to optimally improve cognitive function in your children.
There are three types of omega-3s, ALA, EPA and DHA. DHA and EPA play a key role in brain structure, communication, and protection. Both DHA and EPA determine how well the brain develops and performs.
Most brain growth is complete by the age of six so that is an especially critical time to ensure your child is getting enough DHA and EPA.
Below is how Omega-3 benefit your kid’s brain health:
- Omega-3 preserves cell membrane health.
- It improves the function of the neurotransmitter.
- Supports brain blood flow.
- Helps in the growth of the brain tissue.
- Prevents neuropsychiatric disorders like anxiety and depression.
You can switch your kids to eat salmon which is a healthier breakfast alternative by serving it with a sweeter sauce, or dipping sauce, such as; teriyaki or garlic sauce.
Here are some kid-friendly salmon recipes:
- Salmon and Crisp Pita with Ranch.
- Smoked Salmon Canapes.
- Smoked Salmon Toast Sandwich.